Thursday, May 23, 2024

New online gaming revenue record for Portugal

Must read

The Portuguese market has set a new record for online gaming revenue in Q3 of €215.3m, up 36 per cent year-on-year.



The country’s Gaming Regulation and Inspection Service also reported that subsequent igaming taxes in Q3 increased from €28.7m in Q3 2022 to €64.8m in the current quarter.

Of the total gross revenue, 62 per cent came from games of chance and 38 per cent came from sports betting.

As for the land-based sector, casinos and slot machine rooms generated approximately €76.1m in gross revenue in Q3, a 14 per cent increase on the previous quarter and a 7.8 per cent increase on the same period in 2022.

On a month-to-month basis in the land-based sector, gross gaming revenue reached its highest value in August at around €27.2m followed by July’s €25.8m and September’s €23.1m.

Latest article